Mindfulness in Education
Inspiring Young Minds with the Power of Mindfulness
We believe passionately in the benefits of mindfulness for young people and have courses available for all levels of the education sector. We also provide training and workshops for teachers and parents as part of an inclusive ‘whole school’ approach.
By planting the seed of mindfulness, and delivering practical steps we can help children to succeed and thrive for a lifetime, inside the classroom and out.
We believe that in order to create change in the world, it comes from the inside out. By making the benefits of mindfulness and meditation available to children we are providing them with an incredibly important foundation with which to learn and grow from.
Mindfulness provides children with the tools to develop valuable life skills such as dealing with difficulty, regulating emotions, resilience, and understanding the causes of lasting happiness.
Children that develop strong minds, compassionate hearts and a healthy relationship with themselves are much better placed to realise their potential. If we can integrate mindfulness into our education environments and into the home we can increase the health of our communities and create a positive lasting ripple effect across the world.
Our team and our partners are trained to teach mindfulness to children, with accreditations in the Mindfulness in Schools Project (MISP) and Youth Mindfulness programmes, as well as course completion for level 1 and 2 Connected Kids.
We offer training courses for children between the ages of 7-18, as well as training for teaching staff and interested parents.
By making training available to children, teaching staff and parents we create a ‘whole school’ approach, which is integral in helping mindfulness to become a sustainable part of school culture.
Please support our mission to have mindfulness integrated into the curriculum of Scottish schools by clicking below to find out how we can bring mindfulness to your school.
Mindfulness for years 7-11
- We provide a tailored mindfulness course which introduces the children to all the principles of mindfulness in an interactive and engaging way.
- The course includes experiential practice and time for personal reflection and group discussion
- Can support the children in developing important life skills and behaviours such as focus / concentration, dealing with difficulty, awareness, kindness, resilience and growing happiness.
- Lessons flows and homework sheets available for teachers
- One 45-60 minute class per week for seven weeks
Mindfulness for years 12-18
- We provide a mindfulness course that can be adapted to suit the needs and age demographic of different groups, providing all the core principles of mindfulness.
- The course includes experiential practice and time for personal reflection and group discussion.
- Can support the children in developing important life skills to support them in their adolescent years to help increase confidence, self awareness, mental health, emotional wellbeing, resilience and more.
- One 45-60 minute class per week for eight weeks
Mindfulness for Teaching Staff
- We provide teachers with introductory sessions and more immersive training to help them develop a personal practice so they can become role models around the children.
- Teachers developing their own understanding and personal practice is essential for mindfulness to become sustainable within the classroom.
- Sessions can be offered in different formats (in-person and online) and durations to suit circumstances, including sessions at in-service days.
- The health and wellbeing of teaching staff is extremely important to us and we’re open to how we can ongoing support beyond initial sessions.
Introduction to Mindfulness for Parents
- We provide introductory sessions for parents to help them understand mindfulness on a level where they can begin to introduce it into the home to support the children with their journey.
- For children to integrate mindfulness into their lives, they need the right environment, so by bringing parents along on the journey, it can have profoundly positive impacts for families.
- Sessions can be delivered online or on school grounds
“Much of the time teachers demand ‘good behaviour’ or better behaviour, without giving the pupil the tools or paths to get there. Mindfulness provides both the tool and the path.”
School Teacher Course Attendee
“Mindfulness helped me stay much calmer and not panic excessively which helped me so much in exam pressure.”
17 year old Student Mindfulness Course Attendee